December 10, 2010

Woohooo!!!


Well, as many of you know I haven't written much about HippieHusband's job search or my own workplace and the people I am currently working with. That's partly because I'm shying away from describing my personal environment to avoid offending anyone that I know who might come across this blog. I have to say that in HippieHusband's job search he has encountered some definitely crazy BS from certain academics. The other reason was because we were waiting to hear from this one company, with whom he interviewed multiple times.

But it's official HippieHusband is leaving academia, for now, at least. He was offered a job in industry as a Research Scientist and will start in the new year.

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

We're both super excited. It was, however, a crazy interview process. Five different interviews with people from the level of research associate to CTO and the CEO. He must have interviewed at least 1/3 of the company. But I think because industry is much more team-oriented than academia that if a good company wants to bring someone onto the team, you want to make sure that they are in fact a good fit.

5 comments:

post-doc said...

Congratulations! I've obviously been very happy in my corner of Industry and wish you both much happiness with this decision.

ScientistMother said...

Congratulations. That is awesome.

a. b. said...

Congratulations times 10!

chall said...

congrats! That's awesome news!

unknown said...

Thanks guys!

The liability of a brown voice.

 It's 2am in the morning and I can't sleep.  I'm unable to let go of the ruminations rolling around in my brain, I'm thinkin...